At Green Pets America We Wrote the Book and Know How to Start a Non-Profit from the Ground Up !
Want to start an animal welfare charity? Congratulations! Starting a nonprofit can be very rewarding – but very complex as well. In addition to providing your services, you must also hire, train and manage employees or volunteers, maintain compliance with Federal and State government regulations, understand your market, and position your nonprofit start-up to grow.
Donations do not come easily, especially for new non-profits with no community track record…and the odds of failing are fairly high. Therefore planning and working with an experienced existing non-profit animal welfare organization team is essential.
20 Key steps to start a Non-Profit:
- Set up a No-Profit Corporation in your State
- Elect a Board of Directors and Officers
- Obtain an EIN via IRS Form SS4
- Prepare Articles of Incorporation
- Adopt Bylaws
- Complete the extensive application for an IRS 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption
- File For State Tax Exemption
- File Charity Solicitation Registration
- Prepare Meeting Minutes of Board of Directors
- Recruit & Train a Fundraising Team
- Develop a Strategic 5 Year Plan
- Develop Marketing Strategies
- Create a Unique Custom Logo
- Develop a Website
- Develop a Corporate Sponsorship Program
- Develop a Grant Solicitation Strategy
- Develop Board of Directors Duties
- Develop Organizational Policy Handbook
- Create a Press Release Package
- Create a Monthly & Annual Income Plan